Alrighty. Let’s try this again, shall we?
The winner of the Royals Pool will get to name ONE of Kate’s kittens. Caveats: name must be the name or nickname of a royal figure. (There’s a list further down this page, but if you can come up with a name that’s not on the list and can make a compelling case that it’s the name or nickname of a royal, that’s fine by me), and the name can’t be on the list of names that have already been used by the shelter. The winner will get to choose which kitten he or she names.
The money from this betting pool will go to Challenger’s House to offset the cost of spaying, neutering, and ID-chipping Kate and her babies.
Here are the rules:
1. One entry costs you $5, two is $10, 3 is $15, and so on. Make sure you include the date/ time/ and number of babies with your entry. The most important part of the guess is the date and time – the number of babies is just a fun tie-breaker in case, for instance, one person guesses 2 pm and one person guesses 4 pm, and she delivers the first one at 3 pm. In such a case, the person who guesses the correct number of babies (or comes closest without going over!) is the winner.
2. If you don’t want to or can’t send the money via Paypal and you still want to play, then send a check to Challenger’s House (address at the bottom of the page here) and then email me (mizrobyn (at) gmail (dot) com) with your number of guesses, and the date/ time/ # of kittens for each guess. I’ll assume you’re an honest person who wouldn’t liiiiiiiie about mailing a check, because you know and I know that if you were lyyyyyyyyyyyying about such a thing, it would make the wee baby kittens cry. You wouldn’t want that on your conscience, would you?
3. You don’t have to guess a number of kittens if you don’t want to. Just keep in mind that if you have the correct date and time and your number of kittens guess is wayyyyy off, you still win.
4. I’ve started a spreadsheet where I’ll list the guesses in order of date, then time. Your name will be next to your guess(es), and I’ll list you by first name and last initial, unless you’d prefer to be listed otherwise. That spreadsheet can be seen here.
5. If we go to bed one night and Kate hasn’t gone into labor, and then we wake up the next morning to kittens, we’ll make our best guesstimate as to when she delivered the first one. Or, if that’s too hard for us, we’ll go with whoever was closest (without going over!) to the number of kittens.
I truly do not have the slightest clue when she’s gonna blow, all I know is that at this very moment she is NOT in labor.
Potential names list:
(Names that are crossed out are not eligible to be used, as they’ve been used by Challenger’s House in the past)
Eric the Red
|Richard the Lion Hearted