Look, look! We have an update!
Do you recognize this little face (the kitten, that is)?
That is Gilda, who was the first kitten adopted from Lucy’s litter!
Tonya said: My daughter, Jessica, loves her kitten, Trixie the Gypsy, who does tricks and wears a black cape. Gypsy is one happy kitty beloved by her doting mommy. Gypsy has tons of toys and loves to explore but mostly she likes to purr while being petted. Thank you for letting your Gilda become our new family member.
Gilda, now Trixie the Gypsy, traveled to Arizona over the summer! She enjoyed looking out at the countryside between naps on Jessica’s lap. At night, she had fun playing at pet friendly hotels. Gypsy is the best kitty. She lives to explore!
Don’t you love seeing how happy that sweet girl and her human are together? I love it! Thanks for the update, Tonya!
Oh… did I say we have “an” update? My bad – we have TWO! Tell me if you recognize THIS little face.
Recognize him? That’s the kitten formerly known as Louis!
Michelle said: Louis is doing wonderfully well. He’s settled in beautifully. The older cat doesn’t want to play with the rambunctious youngster, but that doesn’t stop the kitten at all. He is one of the sweetest and most cuddly kittens I’ve ever come across (he’s sitting in my lap purring his head off as I type this). He’s already learned his new name and he comes when called. He understands “no” even if he doesn’t always listen, and his favorite toy is the soft fuzzy ball that came in his toy bag. Louis (now Connor) is a happy little bundle of furry canned cat energy with no off button who can eat his weight in food. He is well loved and my thanks for raising such a well adjusted little guy.
Clearly Connor got all A’s in Nap Training while he was here! Don’t you love seeing that sweet boy again? Thank you so much for the update, Michelle!
Speaking of The Fools, Teresa took a couple of videos yesterday of Belushi at Petsmart – playing with River! They had a great time racing around, and I’m glad River has a buddy to play with. I shared them on the Love & Hisses Facebook page, here and here.
Also speaking of The Fools, here’s a reminder that you can see George and Red (formerly Carlin and Skelton) on their Instagram page, here. You don’t have to have Instagram to see the pictures, you can just enter the address in a web browser and see them that way!
Pattypan’s leg seems to be doing well. Both Fred and I thought it looked better yesterday, but we’ll have a better idea of how it’s doing when we change out the dressing and do a warm compress later this morning.
In an illustration of how that leg isn’t slowing her down at all: I put a litter box in the bathtub with them yesterday, and then while I was feeding Calabash not 10 minutes later, I looked over to see Pattypan in the litter box, peeing – and telling me ALL about it. Such a smart little muffin!
Video! Calabash & Pattypan and their wiggly ears.
“Why did I come out here? It’s HOT out here! Someone let me back inside!” Newt spends 99% of his time asleep in a corner of the kitchen. The other 1% of his time is spent eating, using the litter box, and complaining about the heat.
2014: Sugarbutt, stomping in to see what’s going on.
2013: “Hodor!” he said triumphantly when he hit land, and claimed the little blue cat tree as his own.
2012: She just looked at me like “You see? You see what I put up with?”
2011: There are five of them, obviously.
2010: Okay, wait. Who is THAT?
2009: The True Bloods!
2008: Living dangerously.
2007: Mister Boogers is OBSESSED with being in the chicken yard.
2006: No entry.
2005: No entry.