Before 9:00 yesterday, I:
1. Made a batch of pineapple-habanero jam
2. Broke the blender base (well, it broke itself – it sparked and then there was smoke, and then it worked no more. I wasn’t even using it at the time!).
3. Broke the blender glass blendy part (the cup?). No sooner had the thought “Well, maybe I could just get a new base and then I’ll use this, it’s still perfectly good!” gone through my mind as I was washing it than I dropped it in the sink and it shattered. That blender wanted me to know it was retiring itself and it wasn’t kidding.
4. Broke my computer. I don’t know how, I don’t know why. Alls I know is that I sat at my computer to check my email, and the screen was frozen and I rebooted 300 times, and then it was like it reverted to Vista’s new install screen (Fred later said my profile was corrupted) and I couldn’t do a thing. I had to spend the rest of the day on Fred’s computer and I HATE sitting at his desk, since he’s several inches taller than me and has long ape arms, and NOTHING about sitting in his chair with his desk at chin-level, trying to reach the keyboard fifteen feet away, is comfortable.
5. Banged the heck out of my hand by accidentally squeezing it between my closet door and the frame of my bed. Today it’s achy and slightly bruised.
6. While getting eggs from the nest boxes, I banged the back of my head and today it’s bruised and hurrrrrrts.
So, it was a day. And I am still dealing with trying to get my computer working right. And I can FEEL my blood pressure going through the roof, so I need to get away from the computer.
Which is my way of saying that there’s no real entry today, and I’m taking tomorrow off as well. Hopefully over the weekend we’ll get my computer to stop being a pain and even if I have to use my netbook to do it, I’ll be back Monday.
Until then, I’m going to try to achieve a state of Sugarbutt-type zen.
Wish me luck!
2009: Hoyt cracks me up with his woe-is-me expressions.
2008: No entry.
2007: No entry.
2006: No entry.
2005: “Dude, your butt is wet. Why is your butt wet? What did that horrid woman DO to you?”