So yes, I’m back from my hiatus. I don’t know about y’all, but that hiatus absolutely FLEW by for me. In short, during the time I had off from blogging, I finished packing the house, went shopping for a new comforter and towels and shower curtains (oh my!), spent most of the day Tuesday hanging out at the Madison house while Fred supervised the movers (they had to make two trips from Madison to Crooked Acres), unpacked, unpacked, and unpacked some more.

Though we’d originally been told that it would take about 10 days to get my bed delivered, which would have meant it would be delivered on Tuesday which would have been just about perfect, my bed ended up not being delivered until Friday. This would have meant that I’d be sleeping on the couch, except that we’d had the guest bedroom bed moved to Smallville along with all the other stuff not needed in Madison, so we set that bed up in the spud’s bedroom (since the guest bedroom was taken up by plants and soon to be taken up by baby chickens as well) and that’s where I slept Tuesday through Thursday nights.

The movers moved everything Tuesday (though we’d moved all the boxes the previous Saturday), and we brought the cats to Crooked Acres on Tuesday as well, and that’s where I’ve been staying ever since.

The cats were FREAKED OUT. Spot and Spanky didn’t even come out of their carriers for at least an hour, and when he came out, Spanky went slinking off and hid somewhere. We couldn’t find him for the longest time, and then we found him under the recliner in the computer room, jammed up there with Sugarbutt and Tom Cullen, in a space that’s really too small for one cat, let alone two normal-sized ones, and one porky one. Spot, on the other hand, wouldn’t come out of the carrier for a couple of hours, and then he did (after Fred harassed him) only long enough to go hide in the litter box. By bedtime, Sugarbutt, Miz Poo, and Tommy were creeping around, then running and hiding, creeping around, then running and hiding, etc etc. Mister Boogers, on the other hand, was THRILLED. He thought this whole new-house thing was DA BOMB, and ran around and explored like a madman.

One little car, five (not-so-little) cats.

The first night was a little creepy, because it was my first night in the new house, the cats were freaked out, and I wasn’t accustomed to being in the house at night, and especially not at night by myself. All houses make noises at night, and the older the house the more it pops and settles. It was creepy being there alone that first night, and add to that the fact that the cats weren’t letting me sleep any more than 20 minutes at a stretch, and I wasn’t in the happiest of moods Wednesday morning.

I made it through the day, though – went to the pet store early, because I’d traded with the Wednesday morning person, and just as I was about to leave for the pet store, Fred called to tell me that the post office had called to let him know that the chicks had arrived. He left work, brought the chicks home, set up the brooder, and went back to work. I finished up at the pet store, went to Madison to check my email and do some vacuuming, and went home.

Wednesday night was a bit better than Tuesday – the cats let me sleep a little more, and I actually got a good night’s rest.

More tomorrow!


2006: No entry.
2005: No entry.

Comments are closed.