**We made $190 on this year’s pool, which is going to Challenger’s House! Thank you, everyone who played!!!**
Last year when we had a pregnant cat (Maggie), we had a pool. We raised enough money to pay for the spaying, neutering, and id-chipping of Maggie and all her babies. I’d love to do that again this year with Emmy and her babies, so off we go! The money will go to Challenger’s House to offset the cost of spaying, neutering, and ID-chipping Emmy and her babies.
The winner of the pool will get to name ONE of Emmy’s kittens. Caveats: name must be the name of an award (There’s a list at the bottom of the page, but if you can come up with a name that’s not on the list and can make a compelling case that it’s the name of an award, that’s fine by me), and the name can’t be on the list of names that have already been used by the shelter. The winner will get to choose which kitten he or she names.
Here are the rules:
1. One entry costs you $5, two is $10, 3 is $15, and so on. Make sure you include the date/ time/ and number of babies with your entry. The most important part of the guess is the date and time – the number of babies is just a fun tie-breaker in case, for instance, one person guesses 2 pm and one person guesses 4 pm, and she delivers the first one at 3 pm. In such a case, the person who guesses the correct number of babies (or comes closest without going over!) is the winner.
2. If you don’t or can’t send the money via Paypal and you still want to play, then send a check to Challenger’s House (address at the bottom of the page here) and then email me (mizrobyn (at) gmail (dot) com) with your number of guesses, and the date/ time/ # of kittens for each guess. I’ll assume you’re an honest person who wouldn’t liiiiiiiie about mailing a check, because you know and I know that if you were lyyyyyyyyyyyying about such a thing, it would make the wee baby kittens cry. You wouldn’t want that on your conscience, would you?
3. You don’t have to guess a number of kittens if you don’t want to. Just keep in mind that if you have the correct date and time and your number of kittens guess is wayyyyy off, you still win.
4. I’ve started a spreadsheet at Google Docs where I’ll list the guesses in order of date, then time. Your name will be next to your guess(es), and I’ll list you by first name and last initial, unless you’d prefer to be listed otherwise. That spreadsheet is here.
5. If we go to bed one night and Emmy hasn’t gone into labor, and then we wake up the next morning to kittens, we’ll make our best guesstimate as to when she delivered the first one. Or, if that’s too hard for us, we’ll go with whoever was closest (without going over!) to the number of kittens.
I truly do not have the slightest clue when she’s gonna blow and because she’s so nervous, I’m trying not to mess with her belly too much. I can tell you that she’s really big, and that she’s eating pretty well. Other than that, your guess is really and truly just as good as mine! She could have them tonight, or she could have them in two weeks. I truly do not know, all I know is that at this very moment she is NOT in labor!
Potential names list:
(THANK YOU for alphabetizing these for me, Doodle Bean!!)
Names NOT available, as they’ve been used in the past for other Challenger’s House cats.
(I suspect there are more that I missed writing down. Feel free to let me know, I’ll add them to the list!)